Fri, Nov 10|
Brückenklang Festival at the Landesmusikakademie NRW
pluck'n'play - Plucked Instruments of Musical Cultures in Concerts and Workshops - Brückenklang Festival at the Landesmusikakademie NRW
Time & Location
Nov 10, 3:00 PM – Nov 12, 3:00 PM
Heek, Steinweg 2, 48619 Heek, Germany
About the event
Would you like to get to know new pieces for your plucked ensemble and gain insights into the sound worlds and playing styles of different musical cultures? Whether for guitar, mandolin, oud or baglama: new creative playing techniques such as rasgueados or slapping, the intensification of your groove and the improvement of the rhythmic playing of your right hand are just as much on the program as the theme of Turkish and Arabic Makam music, flamenco or Brazilian guitar.
The pluck ́n ́play bridge sound festival stands for transcultural encounters with different plucked instruments. Freuen Sie sich auf ein ganzes Wochenende voller Austausch und Vernetzung sowie auf das gemeinsame Lernen in entspannter Atmosphäre mit anderen Gitarristen/Gitarristinnen, Mandolinisten/Mandolinistinnen, Oud- und Baglama-Spieler/Spielerinnen. On one weekend, the Landesmusikakademie NRW, in cooperation with the Association of German Plucked Musicians NRW, will take you playfully into the colourful plucked cultures of the world and NRW. An international team of lecturers will take you on a practice-oriented and inspiring journey of discovery on this workshop weekend.
- an introduction to the joint ensemble playing of European and Oriental plucked instruments as well as transcultural literature
- Insight into the diversity of the playing tradition of flamenco, Brazilian and Near Eastern Makam music as well as cross-over
- creative and original approaches to enrich one's own playing with a variety of forms of expression and new techniques
- Workshops for guitar, mandolin, oud and baglama
- Impulses for the integration of microtonality
- Expansion of one's own repertoire and typical techniques, peculiarities, embellishments and variations when playing traditional and popular pieces
- Tips for the musical design of new pieces, for playful-improvisational handling and for ensemble work
- Exchange, intercultural dialogue and networking
On Friday evening at 20 p.m. there will be a kick-off concert by the lecturers present. The weekend closes with a workshop concert on Sunday at 11.30 am.
If you have any questions about the course, please do not hesitate to contact our education officer Edin Mujkanović.
Our team of lecturers: Koray Berat Sari, guitar, baglama, lauta and many more. Reentko Dirks, cross-over guitar Cris Lopez, flamenco guitar Marijke Wiesenekker-Lysov, mandolin Michiel Wiesenekker, guitar João Luís Nogueira Pinto, Brazilian guitar Mohannad Nasser, oud